https://esquire-recruiting.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/pexels-samuel-theo-manat-silitonga-694587-scaled.jpg 2560 2560 Esquire Recruiting https://esquire-recruiting.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/esquire-recruiting-logo-color-300x101.png Esquire Recruiting2021-11-18 19:25:272021-11-18 19:27:187 rules to live by
7 rules to live by
Hi everyone, today we are keeping it light with some life lessons! These will be a great reminder before the holidays to appreciate everything you have and to get in the right headspace.
- Smile: it always works out in the end. You may not see it now, but things always find a way to work themselves out. It may be hard to see but take some time today to reflect on some instances where you weren’t sure how things were going to pan out and what ended up happening. Are you currently worried about anything now? Try to come up with a plan and smile in the meantime:)
- Be kind: you have the power to make people feel good. Being nice to people is one of the easiest things to do. Go out of your way to compliment someone every day. It not only will make the other person feel better, but it will help you too.
- Don’t give up: if it doesn’t work the first time, find another way. Persistence is so important. You might not get exactly what you want on the first try. Keep going and learn from your mistakes and you will get there.
- Don’t compare: everyone is on a different journey. Along with this point, social media has made the nature of comparison omnipresent. It is important to not compare yourself to others. Put your head down and focus on yourself and you will be better off for it.
- Avoid negativity: avoid negative thoughts, situations, and people. One thought experiment to leave with you today is the question of whether you would be friends with the person inside your head. Talk to yourself the way you would talk to your friends. Also, take a look at the people you surround yourself with. Who is always there for you? Who is there during your happiest moments? Be sure to stick by these people.
- Make peace with your past: focus on being present and creating a better future. Let go of the past and commit yourself to make a better future. You will regret not going through life focusing on the present.
- Take care of your body and mind: one struggles to survive without the other. Especially before the holidays, make sure you are taking care of yourself. With winter weather comes sickness. Take some time this weekend for a little self-care however that looks to you.
These tips gave you a lot to think about, so I hope that you take some time out of your day to consider these 7 rules in life to live by. They were a great reminder to be kind to myself and take some much-needed time before the holidays to relax. Have a great weekend!
Searching for a new position? Check out our open jobs list!