If you’re sitting in your office right now and can’t seem to escape your “weekend mode,” we’re here to help you get back on track! We’ve all experienced a weekend that seems to push into the week (especially on Monday!). However, if you follow these strategies and tips, you are guaranteed to be ahead of your work in no time!
- Hydrate – One of the best ways to stay awake and help your body get back into the swing of a healthy week is to keep yourself hydrated at all times. Keep a water bottle by your desk and try to drink the entire thing multiple times throughout the day. If you are someone who often forgets to drink water, try setting an alarm on your phone to remind you.
- Extra tip – Many nutritionists recommend drinking apple cider vinegar, and cutting out as much sugar as possible at the beginning of the week (especially after an indulgent weekend). Give it a try!
- Eat Healthily – As enticing as it is to snack on chips, morning sweets, or any junk food, try to stay away. Starting off the week with healthy meals will rejuvenate your body and ensure that you are feeling energized and prepared for the week’s obligations.
- Workout – Starting your Monday, and even ending your Monday with a workout is a guaranteed bonus to your day, and also a great way to set the tone for the rest of your week. Because this is often considered the toughest day to get yourself to the gym, show yourself you can do this and get moving!
- Extra tip – Bringing workout clothes with you to work will heavily encourage you to hit the gym at the end of the day (and will also save the time of having to stop back home).
- Stay Organized – Making a to-do list, filling out a daily planner or calendar, or even using a sticky note and writing down what you need to complete is proven to help individuals accomplish their daily tasks and goals. This will also keep you organized and decrease your chance of forgetting a meeting or assignment.
- Check-In – If you don’t check your work email on the weekends, make sure to get that sorted out too. Try creating a “priority” folder to move all of your most important emails from the weekend into. That way, you will at least be able to get back to your most important messages, even if you are unable to reach all of your emails in one day.
- Let Yourself Breathe – Schedule breaks into your day as you would any other obligation. Letting yourself have time to relax is equally as important as completing your work.
If you are worried that you won’t be able to complete all that is listed above, try to modify activities in order to fit everything into your day!
- No time to exercise? Try a short abdominal workout in your room before you go to bed.
- Need time to relax? Schedule breaks into your schedule and practice a few minutes of meditation or mindfulness during each. There are free applications on your cell phone to guide you!
- Craving junk food and can’t seem to shake it? Allow yourself one small portion of your craving as an incentive after you have completed your days worth of work!
Completing these steps will ensure you get back on track in no time!
Stressed out? Read our article on how to relieve it!
Searching for a new job? Read through our open jobs list!
Learn more about our company and what we do here!