Welcome back, everyone! On Tuesday, we realized that it was “National Compliment Day” – specifically, a day to spend an extra moment providing someone with a genuine compliment or kind message. So, while that day passed just a few days back, we thought that it shouldn’t be just a 24-hour period but instead a way of approaching life. SO, if you didn’t know about this day or get a chance to give your compliment, keep reading below to find out some of our other favorite ways to show gratitude for those around you and brighten someone’s day!
Let’s…Brighten Someone Else’s Day!
- Remind Someone That You Care! There’s no greater way to show gratitude than by telling someone, in person, that you appreciate all that they do for you. In the midst of the digital age, it’s easy to thank people through emails, text, or even phone calls, but one of our most valued ways to express gratitude is in person. So, we encourage you to reach out to someone that you’re due for a catch-up with and get a coffee, lunch, drink, or dinner date on the books. Spending quality time with our friends, family, mentors, and all important people in our lives is a crucial component of human connection and value.
- Suprise a Coworker with Coffee: Now that many of us are working in hybrid formats, it’s more important than ever to maintain relationships with your coworkers. While coffee may not take a physical form, surprising someone with a virtual gift card to a coffee shop is a great way not only to encourage an individual to take a breath of fresh air and get outside, but to grab a treat along the way. If you can, we recommend you treat your team or coworkers with a surprise treat or coffee this week! Starting the day off strong with a ‘surprise and delight’ is a guarantee to brighten the mood of the office this week (especially in Chicago with our dreary weather!).
- Pay for the Person Behind You: The next time you find yourself at a coffee or sandwich shop, double your bill for the person behind. With such a surprise and act of kindness, you are guaranteed to make that person’s day!
- Clear Your Schedule for Someone Special: This may be a parent, spouse, child, close friend, or even a mentor. Regardless of the relationship, find a day to completely clear your schedule on their behalf. Although our “days” may not look like they used to, taking a long walk, binging a Netflix show, engaging in ‘self-care’ at home, trying a new craft, or cooking dinner with company is a great way to showcase to someone that they’re a top priority to you.
- Leave an Extra Tip: Especially in places where the bill doesn’t run very high, leave a larger tip than you regularly would! We can guarantee you that your extra note of gratitude will go a very long way. Especially during a time blanketed by job uncertainty, “donating” a few extra dollars to a server or anyone who assists you throughout the day is a great way to pass kindness forward and make a positive impact.
Searching for a new position? Read through our open jobs list!