Let’s Chat… Activities Inside and at Home!
Welcome back in 2023, everyone! I hope that everyone enjoyed celebrating our entrance into the New Year. Whether at home, out, with family, with friends, or enjoying some alone time… we hope you’re all refreshed and excited to welcome a new beginning. So, with many of us living in the Midwest and in cold climates, we thought it would be a perfect time to discuss indoor activities and ways to pass the day at home! Keep reading below to find out the best new activity for you.
Spending Time at Home…
- New Recipes: Getting back in the kitchen is a great way to fill an afternoon with fun, and a welcome distraction from other necessities and obligations of daily life. Now more than ever, there is an endless number of recipes online relating to all cuisines and diets. So, find a friend, a partner, or a family member, or take on the endeavor by yourself! We also recommend killing two birds with one stone and cooking a recipe large enough to divide into a week’s worth of meals. Doing so not only helps us stay on track toward our health goals, save money from daily grocery shopping or eating out, and save time in the mornings because there are multiple meals ready for you to grab.
- Movie Marathon: There is nothing more nostalgic than bundling under a blanket, grabbing a bowl of popcorn, turning off the lights, and cozying up to a movie marathon. Unsurprisingly one of our favorites is Harry Potter or The Hunger Games, but more than just the actual film, it’s a great way to relax with friends, family, roommates, or yourself.
- Engage in a Massive Puzzle: If you’re looking for some brain stimulation, this one’s for you! Getting a hold of a thousand-piece puzzle will keep you occupied for days or weeks to come.
- Try out a New Craft: Whether painting, coloring by number, using clay, creating DIY jewelry, or even face painting, channeling your inner creativity is a great way to fill a day and also in a way that you’ve likely not engaged in any time recently.
- Get into Reading: Not only an amazing outlet for continuously learning and building vocabulary but a great way to escape from the daily stressors of life and instead dive into a world of fiction OR non-fiction! And even better, many public libraries are free for rental and use which creates a super cost-effective hobby and outlet for endless individuals.
- Self-Care Day: And of course, what’s a true weekend without a bit of self-care? Stocking up on some face masks, painting your nails, making a cup of coffee, or engaging in any activity completed intended for your own care is encouraged and recommended.
Last Tip: Get Comfortable Being Alone!
Overall, while many of these activities can be completed with a group of friends, family, significant others, and other people in general, we want to emphasize the importance and value of being happy and spending time with yourself. It’s true in life that many of us will likely experiment with living on our own or trying individual endeavors… and this should be a time we enjoy. So, find pockets of activities that bring you happiness and indulge yourself in them on a consistent basis to slowly build up a genuine and sustainable sense of independence and confidence.
Searching for a new position? Check out our open jobs list here!