https://esquire-recruiting.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/pexels-fauxels-3183197-scaled.jpg 1708 2560 Esquire Recruiting https://esquire-recruiting.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/esquire-recruiting-logo-color-300x101.png Esquire Recruiting2022-09-06 14:07:102022-09-06 14:07:10Let’s Chat… Navigating a Rotation!
Let’s Chat… Navigating a Rotation!
Welcome back from the holiday weekend, everyone! Today, as promised, we are continuing to divulge some of my best practices and tips for navigating a rotation program. If you are entering into a new role, or even starting off at a new company, keep reading to find out how to reach success as efficiently and quickly as possible.
Navigating a Rotation…
- Learn About your Business Unit: Above all, utilize your first weeks of training time to learn as much as possible about your new department, team, and business model. How does your product or team generate revenue? How do you contribute to the bigger picture of the company? How can you provide value and achieve success in this role? Asking these questions to your new manager, or leveraging online courses and training modules are keys to understanding this type of information and integrating it into your new role.
- Set “SMART” Goals: Specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and timely goals! Whether this is formally documented in an HR platform, with your manager in a document, submitted to leadership, etc., understanding your 30, 60, or 90 days deliverables and expectations is a crucial way to view your path forward. Make sure to contribute to personal and professional development that is meaningful to you as well as your leadership! Creating alignment on both sides of the coin is a great way to ensure you feel personally motivated and so does your leadership.
- Curate your Environment: It is easy to feel fatigued in your bedroom, home office, or working space after spending so much consistent time in one area. That feeling is completely normal! We encourage you to “spruce” up your environment by picking up a new scent (candle or incense), gifting yourself with something that brings you happiness (like new wall art or desk accessories), and otherwise making your space somewhere you want to spend time.
- Identify leadership: Remember, if you are undergoing change, it is likely that many others are too. Whether this is your mentor, manager, boss, or teammate, we highly value the importance of using your resources! Identify those who are senior in their experience and ask for help, recommendations, advice, or best practices to maintain a sense of motivation, dedication to your work, and accountability to your goals.
- Ask for help! Above all, you are not alone! So many of us feel fatigued in our day-to-day life, lack motivation, or need a refresh. Seek help from your friends and family, in your work or school resources, or even through therapy! Talking through feelings and avoiding a build-up of frustration is the best possible way to mitigate burnout. And if you’re ever seeking additional advice and guidance, don’t hesitate to reach out to our team!
Searching for a new position? Check out our open jobs list!