Welcome back, everyone! Today, we’re so excited to share our annual fall note with you – how has it already been a year since the last fall season?! If you’re as excited as we are to dive into cozy months, pack on sweaters and fuzzy socks, and cuddle up by a fire, this annual note is guaranteed to put a smile on your face. So, how should YOU embrace the upcoming season and the changes that come with it? Find out everything you need to know below!
Frolick into Fall!
- Get Outside: There’s no doubt that the summer months are spent beneath the sun, but don’t let the end of summer mean the end of venturing outside – especially during the last few weeks of September and early October, make sure to value pockets of time that you can spend outdoors! Not only is doing so a great source of Vitamin D to stimulate overall health and productivity, but it will allow you to appreciate the warm weather while it’s still here.
- Extra Tips: Find a picnic spot, listen to a podcast on a walk, take a lunch break on a patio or at an outdoor cafe, or go see a “movie in the park” and participate in an outdoor community activity.
- Make a Bucket List: A bucket list is a perfect way to track all of the things you’re most excited about in the coming season. Ready to leave summer behind? The heat, bugs, and lack of routine might have you craving pumpkin spice lattes and a Halloween movie marathon. If this sounds like you, make a bucket list of things you are looking forward to. Even if you LOVE summer, to get excited about October and the new things to come, a list is just the tool you need. Setting goals and creating bucket lists help focus our attention, articulate what we want to explore, and turn those ideas into a reality.
- Extra Tip: Here are some ideas to boost your excitement and creativity! Try apple picking, visit a new pumpkin patch or corn maze, take a trip to a Halloween store or haunted house, play around in the fall leaves and watch them change, visit a new holiday-themed cafe or taste a pumpkin spice drink, treat yourself to a pumpkin-themed treat or pastry, and embrace the key pillars of the season!
- Extra extra Tip: As we enter Q4, this is also a great time to check in with the goals you’ve set for this year! Are you on track personally? Professionally? How can you make these last few months count?
- Personal Reflection: Whether this is through journaling, meditation, or simply thinking, we encourage you to set aside some time to reflect on the year thus far and how you’re feeling. If you don’t know where or how to get started, try exploring these ideas!
- What was your favorite thing about this year so far?
- What was the best thing that you experienced this summer or this year? Did you cultivate any new hobbies or interests?
- If you could go back and do a season, quarter, or event over from this year, what would you change?
- What did you learn about yourself this year? Are you on track with resolutions or professional goals?
- How was this summer different from past summers?
- What lessons or takeaways would you like to carry with you into the fall? What activities, events, or locations are you excited to explore?
- Create a routine: Creating a new routine might be the perfect fresh start you need to kickstart the new season. Get organized and prioritize what needs to be done over the next few days, weeks, or even months. You can almost think of September as the new January! Cleaning out your closet, workspace, or other environments is a perfect way to create a refreshed and re-ignited sense of motivation to close out the year.
Searching for a new position? Check out our open jobs list!