Welcome back from the weekend, everyone! Last week, we chatted about the possibilities that are waiting for you and your morning routine. However, when thinking about the ‘5-9’ lifestyle (aka the hours OUTSIDE of the corporate schedule between 5:00 PM and 9:00 AM), we couldn’t leave out the importance of nighttime fun after leaving the office. So, if you’re itching for a new activity, keep reading below to find out some fun ways to spend your after-work time.
- Sports Game: No matter where you live, you’re likely within a few dozen (or fewer!) miles of your team’s sports arena. This might look like hockey, football, basketball, baseball, soccer, or more, but finding a friend and attending a professional sports game is a great treat regardless of which sport you prefer. You can often find tickets as soon as a few minutes before and at a discounted price! So, if you’re looking to hype up your week and get your energy levels flowing, this is a perfect activity to get you started.
- Cooking Class: In the interest of expanding skill sets, we encourage you to locate your nearest cooking class, or even a free YouTube video to learn a new recipe tonight. As simple as a soup and as complex as a steak dinner, there are millions of resources across social media platforms like TikTok, Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook, sitting at your fingertips to help train you on new cooking methods and skills. And if you’re looking to indulge even more, find a cooking class near you and learn live, in person from a true expert.
- Painting Class: If you’re interested in channeling your creative side, a painting class is a great way to kick off a new hobby. Grab a friend, coworker, mentor, partner, or roommate, or connect with someone you haven’t seen in a while over painting/crafting so as to get involved in an activity while spending quality time with someone you enjoy.
- Concert, Open Mike Night, Comedy Show: These three activities are great venues to bring many friends. Many comedy shows are relatively inexpensive, and it’s easier than you’d think to track down a smaller concert venue (sometimes even within a regular bar!), especially on weeknights to check out a new artist or comedian.
- Walks! Walking opportunities are endless – whether you walk home from the office, find your way to a nearby outdoor path or lake, or find a new friend to get to know over a leisure exercise, this is an invaluable activity to increase overall mental health, physical health, and a great way to pack socialization into the work day.
- Picnic Dinner: Especially during the final few weeks of warmth and summertime, one of our favorite activities is as simple as grabbing a blanket and finding your nearest park, lake shore, field, or outdoor spot to hunker down for a casual dinner.
- Intramural Leagues: Many major cities offer intramural leagues for just about anyone looking to get involved and meet new people – check out Chicago Sport & Social Club and sign up for a new league as soon as TODAY! They offer (but aren’t limited to!) pickleball, volleyball, beach volleyball, basketball, bowling, kickball, softball, and MORE!
Especially for those of us in climates with temperatures dropping soon over the next few weeks and months, we highly encourage you to take advantage of many of these outdoor opportunities while they’re still available and accessible!
Searching for a new position? Check out our open jobs list!