Welcome back to the blog, everyone! Today, we wanted to explore a super fun topic and introduce you to the happenings in Chicago during the holiday season. If you live in this beautiful city like many of our team members, you may already know that there are a variety of activities and areas to explore during December and the holiday time. If you’re looking to take a trip, right now might be the perfect time! No matter where you live, keep reading below to find out all of the opportunities right at your fingertips.
Let’s…Celebrate the Holidays!
- Zoo Lights: Tickets to ZooLights are $5 nightly from Tuesday through Sunday. Explore one of the most iconic holiday spots in the city’s history at the Lincoln Park Zoo in Lincoln Park, Chicago. With a minimal payment, you’ll have access to the entire zoo light track in the park and can stroll for as long as you please. This is an awesome activity for those with young children, our post-grads looking for an inexpensive way to spend a night, or even a first date. Make sure to dress warm and indulge in some hot cocoa as you make your way through!
- Maggie Daley Park Ice Skating Ribbon: Another awesome activity for those with children, looking to spend an afternoon with friends, or navigating a large group; Maggie Daley Park offers an $18 dollar walk-up fee to enjoy skating. We recommend doing so on a sunny day and with some friends… it’s a blast! Especially for those of you who live on the North side of Chicago, the park is an awesome way to make a trip downtown and enjoy the holiday lights and high rises that surround it.
- Walk along Michigan Avenue: A free activity! Michigan Avenue is home to dozens of beautiful shopping stores, holiday lights, Christmas Trees, and the infamous Starbucks Reserve. Make sure to take a trip down and spend an afternoon walking along the streets of ‘Streeterville’ to enjoy all it has to offer. Not only is Michigan Ave. a great place to shop, but it also offers an enormous variety of delicious lunch and drinks stops along the way.
- Chicago’s 26th Annual Santa/Xmas Crawl: For those of you familiar with Wrigleyville, we encourage you to spend a day or night on Clark Street near the Ballpark. Many bars transform into Holiday extravaganzas, even displaying an entirely new drink menu themed with holiday treats. Wrigleyville is even hosting its 26th annual Xmas crawl soon! Make sure to grab a ticket and join.
- Christkindl Market: Finally, another iconic staple of Chicago’s holiday season is the Christkindl Market. With a relatively new location in Wrigleyville and a historic site in River North, Chicago’s own Christmas market displays several trinket shops, drinks, and German treats. We highly encourage you to find a time to stop by this market… you’re sure to feel like you’ve been transported to Europe!
Searching for a new position? Check out our open jobs list!