https://esquire-recruiting.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/pexels-stanley-morales-1454360-scaled.jpg 1707 2560 Esquire Recruiting https://esquire-recruiting.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/esquire-recruiting-logo-color-300x101.png Esquire Recruiting2022-08-26 17:32:302022-08-26 17:32:30Let’s…Head Back to College!
Let’s…Head Back to College!
Welcome back, everyone! With the mid-to-last few weeks of August come many of our transitions back to college! Are you heading down the road? Across the country? Road-tripping to school? Whatever returning to school looks like for you, let’s follow the below steps to set ourselves up for a successful year.
Let’s get Organized Back on Campus…
- Task Prioritization: Between assignments, presentations, projects, and exams, it’s crucial to prioritize assignments based on their due date and impact on your overall grade. Make sure to avoid spreading yourself too thin across multiple projects; to avoid this, pace your study schedule across days and a variety of times, and incorporate breaks, so that you won’t be left cramming for hours on end in the days leading up to due dates. By prioritizing obligations, you will find yourself on a healthy track toward success!
- Measurable Goals: A great way to set measurable priorities is to include goals for each assignment or study habit. Whether this means a one-hour goal of studying per exam each day, or a one-page goal per report or essay to be completed every other day, SMART goals (specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and timely) will assist you in actually tracking progress and spanning obligations over a time period instead of cramming at the last moment.
- School Shopping Starts… Now! In order to truly get on top of several different courses, we encourage you to purchase the appropriate materials ahead of your first day. Whether this means binders, folders, pens, pencils, headphones, a driving pass, or whatever it may be, setting yourself up for success is a great way to get ahead.
- Prioritize Your Routine: We know it can be easy to fall out of a regular routine throughout summer when most of our tasks are pushed to the side. However, whilst in school, adhering to a structured routine is your best way to avoid missing projects or deadlines, and also to continue feeling your best.
- Extra Tip: To stay on track with all of your assignments and due dates, we encourage you to incorporate any of the following into your daily plan: an alarm clock, morning meditation or stretch, making your bed, eating breakfast, or otherwise setting consistent tasks is a great way to replicate a regular day, but adapted to a study environment.
- Extra Tip 2: Prioritizing a routine means… having one in the first place! We recommended arriving on campus early to be able to take a “lay of the land” and locate your course buildings if in-person, nearest gym, grocery store, library, study spot, cafe, coffee shop, etc.!
- Rest! Above all, we know that when your body is telling you to take a break, it’s because you’ve pushed yourself to the max. Make sure to allow a minimum of 7 hours of sleep each night to jumpstart your next day and maintain optimal energy and health.
Searching for a new position? Check out our open jobs list!