Welcome back everyone and an early Merry Christmas to those who celebrate! We hope that you are enjoying rest, relaxation, and quality time with family and friends all around you. Today, we felt inclined to re-center around one of our favorite concepts and another annual note (there are quite a few this time of year!). Keep reading below to hone in on the positivity that YOU can bring into the New Year…
Exude Positivity and Light in 2024!
- Building Connections Online and In-Person: It is phenomenal to acknowledge the ways in which our U.S. workforce has come together under the idea of embracing technology to not only maintain, but also build connections with one another; whether an interview, training session, recurring meeting, or end of year review, we’ve found ways to band together through screens and in person too. Many of us felt the ‘return to normal’ that 2023 brought; companies are back in person at full force, and many employees are hanging up their pajamas for suits as they return to regular work days and routines. However, with this also came a new wave of companies embracing a plethora of different opportunities for employees to have flexibility surrounding their own schedules and days in-office. Never before have candidates and employees had such autonomy over their daily roles and lives – so take advantage of the format that works best for you! And if your current role doesn’t feel like the right fit on a daily basis, the New Year is a PERFECT time to re-center around career goals and begin applying for a new position.
- Saved Commute: Working from home periodically, in a hybrid format, or fully remotely has allowed professionals of all industries the reprieve of extra sleep, relaxation, and the comfort of their own homes. So, although it may be easy to become fatigued by the repetition and environment of your home, it allows you to skip a lengthy commute and pack in a few chores or errands along the way. If your current ‘WFH’ environment feels stale, then the New Year is also a perfect time to revamp or reorganize your space to gain a fresh feeling and sense of motivation; we highly encourage you to evaluate your space on a consistent basis to ensure that you’re comfortable and well-suited for peak performance at home in the same way as you are in your office setting.
- Gratitude and Mindfulness: As we adapt to an ever-changing world dynamic and different challenges that face our society on a daily basis, it has never been more evident that practicing gratitude and mindfulness are essential components of strong mental health and fulfillment. We have been tasked with some of the greatest challenges of our lives, but reminded of the value of those we love, the comfort of our homes, our own health and safety, and the hopeful health and safety of those around us!
- Extra Tip: Although it may sound cliche, the New Year is a notorious opportunity for you to re-evaluate your personal health and identify any opportunities to dive into fitness. Let 2024 be your year to maximize your personal fitness, mental health, nutritional intake, career trajectory, and more!
- Maintaining Positivity: Above all, staying positive has proven key to the course of our years! While it may feel easy to get knocked down by the struggles our world faces on a daily basis,… remaining calm and grateful for those aspects of life that provide you fulfillment and happiness will prove the key to pushing forward to the future.
- Extra Tip: Always take time for yourself! Whether this means scheduling in blocks during your workday, carving out solo activities during the weekend, or otherwise practicing ‘self-care’, doing so is an amazing strategy to clear your mind and maintain a positive outlook.
Searching for a new position? Check out our open jobs list!