As many of us college students head back from the holidays, and with the understanding that some travel is still essential around this time, it’s more likely than not that you will be quarantined upon arrival at your new location! So, how can you pass the time throughout the upcoming days? We’re here to help! Keep reading to find out our favorite activities that you can do right from your living room couch (or bed, or just at home in general!)…
5 Activities From Home…
- Try out a New Recipe: Getting back in the kitchen is a great way to fill an afternoon with fun, and a welcome distraction from other necessities and obligations of daily life. Now more than ever, there is an endless number of recipes online relating to all cuisines and diets. So, find a friend, a partner, a family member, or take on the endeavor by yourself!
- Movie Marathon: There is nothing more nostalgic than bundling under a blanket, grabbing a bowl of popcorn, turning off the lights, and cozying up to a movie marathon. Unsurprisingly one of our favorites is Harry Potter or The Hunger Games, but more than just the actual film, it’s a great way to just relax with those you love.
- Engage in a Massive Puzzle: If you’re looking for some brain stimulation, this one’s for you! Getting a hold of a thousand-piece puzzle will keep you occupied for days or weeks to come.
- Try out a New Craft: Whether painting, coloring-by-number, using clay, creating DIY jewelry, or even face painting, channeling your inner creativity is a great way to fill a day and also in a way that you’ve likely not engaged in any time recently.
- Self-Care Day: And of course, what’s a true quarantine without a bit of self-care? Stocking up on some face masks, painting your nails, making a cup of coffee, or engaging in any activity completed intended for your own care is encouraged and recommended.
While we understand we chose against hyper-focusing on productive activities, we hope that you recognize the importance of relaxing and sometimes just taking it easy for a few days (outside of work obligations). So, indulge yourself in some fun, self-care, and delicious activities while you’re ordered to stay at home! If you have tried a new activity that you’ve loved “in the q,” make sure to drop it in the comments!
Searching for a new position? Check out our open jobs list here!
Click here to learn more about finding success in interviews!