The holiday season comes with many benefits… vacations, presents, relaxation, and time off from work. However, we also know that this comes with the requirement to get right back into the swing of things come January. As mid-January approaches, this is the most important time for you to dive back into your routine! We’re here to teach you how to do so.
- Incorporate Holiday Presents into Resolutions: If you are treating yourself this holiday season, we encourage you to think about buying things that will help you reach your goals! Some ideas include a fitness membership, workout class pack, new work outfit, headphones, or a subscription to a certain podcast or newsletter. All of these will help you try something new while improving your health and productivity!
- Find a Buddy: Whether this is a friend, parent, co-worker, or partner, it is always easier to accomplish goals and tasks when you have someone by your side! Especially as this relates to exercising and running errands, having another person to hold you accountable will help you stay motivated.
- Fit Something Just for You in Your Routine: We understand that work routines may feel completely obligatory, or sometimes even like a hassle. To avoid feeling stuck, make sure to find an activity each day to prioritize just for you. This may be working out, buying a cup of coffee, listening to a podcast, or meditating. Whatever floats your boat, make it just as much a priority as anything else! No matter what, you always deserve a spot in the day for yourself.
- Set a “Lazy Alarm”: To think that we can be productive every minute of the day would be crazy! Just as we encourage you to find time for you, we also offer the idea of setting a “lazy alarm,” allowing yourself a certain amount of time to take a break from your obligations. Think about setting a 5-minute alarm each hour or 10-minute alarm every other hour.
- Make Your Desk a Happy Place: One of the best ways to enjoy your work environment is by creating a space where you are always comfortable. Take time to set up an atmosphere that speaks to you. Focus on pictures, subtle accessories, decorations, succulents, candles or scents, and even an extra light in the room. Doing so will make your office feel more like home!
- Try a “Winter Clean”: It is without a doubt that accomplishing a thorough clean of your apartment, room, closet, or workspace will elicit a truly rewarding feeling. So, why wait until Spring? Get your clean started right away!
- Set Goals: As we’ve previously encouraged, set goals! Share your goals with others so that you feel held accountable not just by yourself, but by those around you. Goals can be set for days, weeks, or even months in advance! Whatever you aim to achieve, setting a time frame will help you get started right away.
- Find a Reason to Be Excited! Plan a day or weekend off in advance so that you have something to look forward to for the future. This may even be a great goal to start off with… “make it to the 3-day weekend!”
Remember, as much as relaxation is enjoyable, achieving goals and meeting requirements elicits an equally rewarding feeling. Take advantage of your rejuvenated energy and get back into the swing of things!
Searching for a new position? Check out our open jobs list!
Read here to learn why January is the best time to look for a new position!