https://esquire-recruiting.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/pexels-william-choquette-1954524-scaled.jpg 1706 2560 Esquire Recruiting https://esquire-recruiting.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/esquire-recruiting-logo-color-300x101.png Esquire Recruiting2022-02-22 18:08:522022-02-22 18:08:52Let’s Chat About… Benefits!
Let’s Chat About… Benefits!
Welcome back, everyone! As you know, we constantly strive to provide you with the resources you need to succeed…..And one of those is the ability to evaluate an offer letter and your entire compensation package (salary and benefits). So, if you’re in an interview process, looking to switch jobs, or curious altogether, keep reading along to learn about everything benefits HERE!
Benefits: All you Need to Know
- 401K: It’s never a bad time to begin thinking about your future, and even better, many firms offer a “match” to your 401K, meaning that they will match some portion of the money you put into your 401K throughout the year (up to a certain limit). This benefit will impact your future immensely and is vital to check for before accepting a position!
- Vacation and PTO: I’m sure we can all agree that no one wants to spend every day of their year in their office or on their work computer! For that reason, look into the number of vacation days your organization will allow, and if they offer paid time off (PTO).
- Amenities: If you are someone who is still or will be working in person sometime soon, look into potential amenities that your firm or office building offers. (Example: Cafes, cafeterias, gym, fitness classes, free snacks, vending machines, etc.)
- Office: An x-factor of any office is its atmosphere and physical appearance. A great benefit of any building is their updated supplies (whether this is their computers, copy machines, chairs, etc.). How does your potential new office choose to present themselves?
- Transportation Vouchers: If you are considering accepting a new position and it is relatively far from your home, take time to research the opportunity to receive a transportation voucher. Organizations provide their employees with an allowance to cover a portion of their transportation to and from work each day. Will this change your perspective and willingness to accept a position?
- Sign-on Bonus: If a company is not offering you your target salary, will they provide a bonus upon signing? This may be a largely altering factor in an employee’s decision to accept an offer. Check into this and don’t be afraid to ask your recruiter.
- Short Review Period: If you are accepting a position that may be slightly lower than your target standing, look into an opportunity to engage in a short review period. Some firms may offer the opportunity for an employee to receive a review and potential promotion after a short period (around 6 months). Will this change your opinion about accepting a position?
- Hours and Flex Hours, Working Remote: Of course, we cannot ignore the elephant in the room that is the ever-presence of COVID. Let’s be honest, there will almost always be an altered and likely “hybrid” work format for most companies moving forward. So, it’s imperative that you understand the flexibility and options they offer to you moving forward. Are you required to go in? How many days? To which office location?
- Additives: A great benefit that companies offer to their employee is additional supplements in order for them to complete their work most efficiently. This may entail a company computer, cell phone, or even a car. If there is a need for any of these utilities in your life, make sure to look into this policy!
Searching for a new position? Read through our open jobs list!