Welcome back, everyone! Today, we’re here to display a few of the most crucial elements of valued employees. Whether you’re looking to level up at work, improve your performance, or ensure you’re viewed as a valuable teammate, this is the article for you. Keep reading below to find out the key qualities of top-performing professionals.
Becoming a Top Performer…
- Exude High Emotional Intelligence: Cultivating the ability to be able to understand, analyze, and observe the behaviors of those who surround you both in your office and personal life will aid you immensely in catering to people’s needs. Doing so will allow you to be the best “audience member” or leader that you can be, and, therefore, will attract others to you. People love to be understood, as it helps save them the time it takes to explain their feelings! Think about it, how much faster could you complete projects if you could anticipate people’s reactions?
- Express Interest in Conversation: There is no better way to become likable than by helping others feel valued, and it is super easy to do so! Especially in conversations, always make sure that you are maintaining eye contact, holding an enthusiastic and kind tone, and expressing friendly, warm body language. Additionally, express curiosity and interest by asking questions or clarifying points throughout the conversation!
- Keep an Open Mind: Those who are open-minded are sure to develop higher-quality relationships with their coworkers and teammates. Helping others feel safe in their work environments, without the fear of judgment, will allow you and everyone around you to express yourselves and reach your greatest creative potential! Although an idea may seem unattainable at first glance, it may very well become your finishing product.
- Always Respect Others: No matter how you may disagree, always make sure to maintain a notable level of respect with anyone you encounter. There are several effective, appropriate mechanisms for handling disagreements or debates, and there is no reason to ever resort to a disrespectful demeanor. Showcasing consistent respect for others will elevate how attractive you are to work with and be around, causing you to become more likable!
- Manage Your Temper: As we’ve stated in the past, you will undoubtedly encounter frustration at work. However, you must maintain composure and an appropriate attitude. Not only will this show others that you are capable of overcoming challenges, but it will help you portray one of your most excellent qualities, your coping skills! Someone who can maintain composure when faced with adversity is a strong leader and an attractive coworker.
- Stay True to Yourself, and Do the Right Thing! We hope it goes without saying that breaking the rules or finding loopholes in order to achieve success will only come back to hurt you. However, there are many other ways to always do the right thing. Whether this means returning back a coffee to someone you “owe,” taking someone out to lunch, congratulating others, giving credit where it is due, owning up to your mistakes, or maintaining honesty even in difficult situations, enforcing these actions will allow you to flourish among others.
- Embrace Change: A valued mentor once told me, employees who encounter change and embrace it without complaints are those that will go farthest within a company. Remember, everyone in the corporate world will undoubtedly encourage a scenario that they didn’t plan for. The question isn’t what happened, but instead how it was handled… so make sure to always put your best foot forward and showcase resilience and positivity wherever possible.
Searching for a new position? Check out our open jobs list!