With Thanksgiving coming up in the next few days, we predict that many of you are returning to your respective homes, friends, and family, and finally getting some time to relax! During this next week, we hope to provide you with some aspects of life to always remember to be thankful for.
- Having Food on the Table: It’s easy to forget how incredibly fortunate we all are to return to cozy homes filled with the scents of food emanating throughout the kitchen. Make sure to thank your cooks, always! And especially to remember to say a little thanks to the world for being blessed enough to live where you live, eat what you eat, and drink what you drink.
- Sunlight: Another aspect of many of our days that can be easily overlooked if you’re cooped up in an office… the sun! It is equally important to give thank you to the beautiful world you live in… and if you’re feeling up to it.. maybe take some action and recycle your thanksgiving materials, leftovers, or objects that would have otherwise ended up wrongfully being tossed.
- Your Job! Yes, work can be tiring. However, it is always important to remember that, after all, you achieved a career, salary, and a set of responsibilities that an entire team of management believed you could handle. It’s super-valuable to maintain an awareness, and gratitude, for your technical skills, soft skills, attributes, personality, abilities, successes, and everything that you’ve worked to achieve as a professional.
- People in Your Life: This week is the perfect moment to remember to thank those around you for all that they do for you. Remember that time you erupted on your mom, brother, sister, spouse, or even your boss? Remember the way that your mentor allowed you to vent for hours? Remember that one time your co-worker surprised you with a cup of coffee when you were having a tough week? Well if you do, remind them of your gratitude today.
- Extras: Pets, furniture, heating, air-conditioning, exercise, health, yoga, music, podcasts, cars, travel, transportation, weather, vacations, tastes, coffee shops, concerts, hikes, scenery, bike rides, movies, books, and many many many more!
- Today: We don’t mean to get too sappy with this last note, but we’d like to remind you to be thankful that you are here today, that tomorrow is never guaranteed, and that you should take advantage of every moment spent with friends, family, coworkers, spouses, pets, and all other relationships in your life that you love and cherish.
We hope that these ideas ignited your gratitude and that you can take these messages with you throughout the week, month, and entire holiday season! Wishing you all a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration!
Searching for a new position? Check out our open jobs list!