Last week, we discussed things you can do over the weekend to stay productive and be successful. This week, we are going to be talking about things you should be doing early in the work week to have success. It’s important to start your week on a good note, because it sets the tone for how productive you will be throughout the week.
- Meditate: Meditation helps you achieve a mentally clear and emotionally calm stable state. It is an awesome way to relax before a busy week starts. It can help you arrange your thoughts and get organized in order for your week to go well. Meditation can be done by deep breathing, yoga, listening to music, etc. Any activity that is relaxing to you can be considered meditation. As long as it brings you down to a calm level, it will work.
- Eat Breakfast: As it’s said, breakfast is the most important meal of the day! Eat a healthy breakfast that is energizing. Try not to reach for the donut in the breakroom, but instead eat some fruit or oatmeal. Eating something that is going to fuel your day is important. It will help you focus in the morning and stay productive until lunchtime.
- Make a To-Do List: Make a to-do list as the week is starting. A list is a great place to have all your thoughts, tasks, and projects in one place. After you make your list, prioritize it. Prioritizing your list helps you so you can make sure you’re doing the most important tasks first and saving the other ones for later in the week.
- Isolate Yourself: After you’ve caught up with everyone in the office, isolating yourself to get your work done is something many successful people do. This can be as simple as shutting your office door for a few hours so no one stops by or not attending any Tuesday meetings so you can get ahead/catch up on your work for the week.
- Tackle the Biggest Priority: Starting with the small stuff may seem easier, but tackling the biggest priority first will be effective. You can get it out of the way by Tuesday and have the rest of the week to work on your smaller tasks. This will make for an easier, less stressful work week. This is a smart way to work and can help you feel less anxious about important projects or tasks that are on a strict time limit.
Using Monday and Tuesday to your advantage is so helpful in the long run. The course of the week goes by fast sometimes and deadlines come up sooner than you think. Use these tips to be the most successful and productive you can be at the beginning of the work week rather than an overload of work later in the week!
Searching for a new position? Read through our open jobs list!
Missed our article last week on productive weekends? Check it out here!