Initiating Recruiter Conversations
Are you in the midst of a job search and considering a recruiter’s help? At Esquire Recruiting LLC, we know how invaluable a recruiter can be to a job search. It’s a great way to find a role that is fit for you. Continue reading below to find out some important questions you should be asking your recruiter!
What are the main qualifications the employer is looking for?
- This is an essential question to ask because you need to know more about the position. This question will give you insight into what the recruiter’s client is expecting from candidates and you if applying for the position. The recruiter has most likely spoken with the employer about qualifications and potentially even received a list of exactly what the employer is looking for.
What is the job description?
- Asking this question will tell you what the client/employer expects. It’s basic information, but also very important to know if you choose to move forward and apply. Just like the qualifications, the recruiter knows what the job description is and what the expectations are.
How long has this job been open?
- This is a fair question to ask because you want to know all the details. The job search process can be tedious and overwhelming. If the job just opened, you may be one of the first candidates to interview, which means the employer is probably going through other interviews as well. This isn’t a necessary question to know, but it can help you determine a time frame for how long you may be waiting to hear back from an employer or when the position will be filled.
What experience do you have recruiting in this industry?
- Recruiters are filled with knowledge. They see endless amounts of resumes per day and speak with multitudes of people. Asking them their experience is a fair question and can help you gain trust in them for your job search. Recruiters with good experience know the field like the back of their hand.
What information do you have about the company?
- The recruiter most likely has a relationship with this company or even exclusively works with the hiring manager. Asking this question can help you understand more about how the company operates and what their work culture is like.
Asking recruiters questions is a great way to establish a relationship with them and make a great first impression! There are so many more questions that you can ask them- don’t be afraid to speak your mind. Recruiters can provide you with such great information, such as- resume help, tips for interviews/interview process, and even insight into information about an employer.
Searching for a new role? Check out our open jobs list!
Read this article to discover why you should stay in touch with recruiters after the job search is over!