https://esquire-recruiting.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/pexels-pixabay-267360.jpg 5461 8192 Esquire Recruiting https://esquire-recruiting.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/esquire-recruiting-logo-color-300x101.png Esquire Recruiting2021-02-01 21:21:432021-02-01 21:21:43Monday Mindfulness!
The weekend has already passed!? Where have I been?! If you’re feeling the same way (and not quite ready to jump into this new week), then we encourage you to get to reading below! Today, we’ll provide you with our best personal and professional tips, because life isn’t just about your role, to get you best prepared to take advantage of the upcoming week. Keep reading to find out…
Let’s Week Prep…
- Wake up Early(er!): Yes, we hate to break the news that you do in fact benefit from sacrificing a few minutes of sleep to get organized for the week! Simply adding 5 minutes to your day to tidy up your room or make your bed will set you up for a productive and enjoyable environment to operate within.
- Set Aside Time For Mindfulness: Gratitude and mindfulness activities, like journaling or breathing when you wake up instead of opting to grasp your phone, are a fantastic way to help you stay grounded and put your mind at peace before diving into the week’s tasks. Whether you have 5 minutes to do so or 30, any moment spent solely on self-care and working towards reaching ultimate peace of mind is well spent.
- Create a Schedule and Goal Set: One of the best ways to foster accountability before even beginning your work obligations is to schedule out your days and weeks as they begin. Creating a list of “To-Dos” throughout days, hours, etc., will help you to create a routine to stay up to date with as well as a means of checking in with yourself. Especially in a WFH or virtual education format, it is crucial to stay on top of all obligations as usual. And… piggybacking off of our last “tip,” setting goals simultaneously with tasks is another great way to supplement and “reward” your productivity.
- Goal ideas: Make your bed each morning, tidy up your room each week, workout 2x per week, finish checking emails by 5:00 pm, put your work “away” by 7:00 pm, keep ordering into a minimum of once per lunch and dinner each week, etc.!
- Fuel Your Body: While this may seem obvious, integrating breakfast into your daily routine is a fantastic way to jet start your morning as well as your metabolism. In addition to proven health benefits, eating breakfast will supply you energy and a consistent “routine” starting action to work off of as if you were truly in the office. This may only include a piece of fruit and coffee, but any bit works
- “Mini Gifts”: Small items that are purchased to bring you joy will prove incentives to getting out of bed in the morning. Maybe it’s that new water bottle that stimulates drinking water habits, or a bouquet of flowers on your kitchen table, or even testing a new candle scent – we at Esquire are huge believers of “gifting” ourselves for our hard work!
Searching for a new role? Check out our open jobs list!