With the new year quickly approaching, it’s time to start brainstorming resolutions and hopes for the future. If settling into a more productive, healthy routine is on your forecast, keeping reading to find out the most crucial aspects to incorporate into your schedule!
Healthy Routines Include…
- Exercise: Bottom line: keeping your body in shape is the most important factor in leading a healthy lifestyle. Not only will a healthy lifestyle motivate you to begin your day, but it will help you in falling asleep and staying asleep throughout the night! Make sure to thank your body for all that it provides you each day by maintaining a healthy physique and following the guidelines we’ve learned our entire lives: exercise for 20-30 minutes 3-4 x weekly!
- Eating Habits: Scheduling meals into your routine will allow you to stick to healthy alternatives, instead of resorting back to carry out or last-minute delivery. Loosely planning out weekly meals will help you to map out grocery store visits, as well as hold yourself accountable to adequate portion sizes to avoid over-eating. Especially in times of stress and busy end-of-year schedules, make sure to stay on top of your diet to avoid relying on food for comfort.
- Time for YOU! It is too easy to fall into a schedule spread too thin amongst millions of obligations that are all too difficult to uphold. For that reason, actually schedule time for you into each day. Whether this means relaxing, meditating, listening to music or a podcast, trying out a new hobby, painting, sleeping, etc., always leave space for at least one activity each day solely dedicated to your own fulfillment and joy. Having just 30 minutes of something to look forward to each day will help you to persist and stay motivated throughout overwhelming weeks.
- Drink Water: Although we all know that drinking a sufficient amount of water is essential to our health and well-being, this concept is easily overlooked when compared to other daily obligations. For that reason, we encourage you to set reminders or alarms on your phone or device to encourage frequent water consumption throughout the day. Implementing this into a routine will increase your overall health, energy, and well-being.
- Extra tip: Purchasing a reusable water bottle could be a great “self-gift” during the upcoming holidays!
A combination of these efforts will allow you to transform your daily routine and schedule immediately. While large change may be hard to swallow, each of the activities stated above won’t cause for an entire shift in your day-to-day life, and are more or less just healthy alternatives to get you going! So, choose a few and get started today!
Searching for a new position? Check out our open jobs list!
Click here to find out how to catch up after a holiday break!