We wish you all a very happy, healthy, and safe new year! We also know what that comes with… resolutions! Today, we’re here to teach you the best tips and tricks to help those resolutions stick.
- Make Sure Your Goals are Realistic: There is no reason to set goals that you may have not been able to keep in the past or ones that have a very slim chance of becoming attainable. For that reason, before you begin creating resolutions, measure your realistic ability to maintain them!
- Beneficial Goals are SMART: Goals that are specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound are those that will help you gain the greatest improvements and yield the largest success!
- Set a Time-Frame: Creating a scheduled time frame in which you allow yourself to reach your goal, or portions of your goal along the way (i.e.: one pound loss per week), is a great way to help yourself stay on track and be held responsible for your personal progress!
- Take it Step by Step: If you are someone who has set out an entire list of goals for the upcoming year, we congratulate you! We also encourage you to remember that it is important to choose one goal at a time and potentially begin with prioritizing those that are most important to your growth.
- Prepare for Challenge: As glamorous as it sounds to set a new goal each year, whether this relates to professional development, fitness, family and friends, or something personal, each goal is nearly guaranteed to be accompanied by challenge! Your dedication will definitely be tested, so remember, failure is a vital component of success!
- Value Your Support System: You are not in this alone! Millions upon millions of people create goals year round. Likely, some of these people will include family, friends, coworkers, or even mentors! Use teamwork to grow with others as a team, as support may very well be the fuel that allows you to achieve your resolutions!
- Talk to Others: Going hand-in-hand with your support system is the value in disclosing your goals with the people around you. Doing this will not only help you to make them feel all the more real but will assist you by allowing others to be mindful of your goal through each step of the way.
- Keep a Running List of Accomplishments: Without a doubt, it is easier to be held down by struggles instead of uplifted by small successes. In order to combat this, we encourage you to keep a running note, list, or post-it of each small goal or step of progress you’ve made. Looking back on each step you’ve taken will help you to keep moving up!
We hope that these strategies and steps will help you all to achieve and stick to your own resolutions! Good luck.
Searching for a new position? Check out our open jobs list!
Read our new article to learn exactly how to go about starting a new position!